Supervising First Aid for Mental Health – Level 3
This 2 day course will cover a wide range of mental health conditions, including all aspects of both the level 1 and level 2 qualification. By the end of this level 3 course individuals should have the ability to make actionable changes within the workplace to create an improved working environment.
Firstly this course aims to give candidates the knowledge and confidence to identify/support colleagues suffering from mental health conditions. Successful candidates will have the ability to provide medically-supported advise and create an action plan for progress.
This course covers aspects including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a healthy conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions
covered in detail – Axiety, Bipolar disorders, Schizophrenia
- Ongoing assessment by the instructor of candidates practical skills
- Successful completion of two written exam papers
- Course Duration – 2 Days
- Qualification Gained – Level 3 Accredited – OFQUAL Regulated and SQA Accreditation
- Length of Qualification – 3 Years
- Accredited By – First Aid Awards
- Exam Information: Ongoing practical assessment by the instructor and 2 written examinations
- Cost: £220 per person plus VAT