3 Day First Aid at Work – Level 3
This course is an Association of First Aiders Level 3 Qualification, and upon completion, students will have access to support and advice from the AoFA with regard to all matters first aid.
The qualification lasts for 3 years, and due to recent changes in legislation, candidates must attend a refresher course BEFORE the expiry of their current qualification. There is no longer a 28 day transition period.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who, in their line of work, is responsible for, or may be required to carry out first aid within the workplace.
This course covers aspects including:
- Introduction – The First Aider
- What is First Aid
- First Aid in the Workplace
- Responsibilities of the First Aider
- Primary Survey
- Secondary Assessment
- Breathing and Circulation
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Disorders of Respiration
- Disorders of Circulation
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Disorders of Consciousness
- Foreign Objects
- Burns and Scalds
- Bones, Joints and Muscle Injuries
- Incident Training
- Effects of Heat and Cold
- Bites and Stings
- Ongoing Assessment by the instructor of candidates practical skills
- Two multiple choice questionnaires
Association of First Aiders () – Level 3 – QCF OFQUAL Regulated