First Person on Scene Intermediate – Level 3
WARNING ONLY 1 SPACE REMAINING
This course gives candidates the skills, knowledge and confidence to stabilise a patient for up to forty minutes until an ambulance or other pre-hospital care provider arrives.
Who should attend?
- Close Protection Operatives
- Event Medical Industry
- First Aid Trainers
- Security Industry
- Voluntary Sector
- ERT – Emergency Response Teams
The new Level 3 Award in the First Person on Scene (Intermediate) is an up to date qualification underpinned by current practice. It provides learners with the knowledge and life savings skills to assess, manage and treat a patient in a trauma and/or medical emergency and to stabilise the patient for up to forty minutes before the ambulance or pre-hospital care providers arrive.
The qualification is regulated by the government department OFQUAL and is clinically endorsed by the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh, Faculty of Pre-Hospital (FPHC) Care and meets the Level 3 FPHC Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine Skills Framework. It is further approved by the EQ Awards.
On completion of the qualification, the learner will be eligible to apply to the Faculty of Pre Hospital Care for Level 3 membership.
NOTE: This qualification is valid for 3 years. Once the qualification has expired, or due to expire the learner is required to re undertaking the course again in order to maintain the qualification.
This course covers aspects including:
- Scene safety
- Scene management including triage
- Patient assessment
- The principles of manual handling
- The management of catastrophic bleeding
- Basic and intermediate airway management skills (including adjuncts)
- Respiratory assessment
- Management of breathing difficulties (including the use of oxygen)
- Basic and Intermediate life support including AED
- Management of haemorrhages and shock
- Recognition and management of a range of medical emergencies
- Recognition and management of a range of trauma emergencies
- The recognition features of sepsis
- Assisting the healthcare professional
- Paediatric life support
The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- MultiChoice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
- The Practical demonstration of skills
Education Qualification and Awards – Level 3 – RQF OFQUAL – Endorsed By The Faculty of Pre-hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh